Studies have shown that:
- More than 60% of the rubbish that ends up in trash bins can be recycled.
- Around 16% of the cost of a product is spent on its packaging which is completely wasted if not disposed of properly.
- 80% of a vehicle can be recycled.
- Aluminium cans can be recycled completely and put to use in a short time.
- Thousands of glass jars and bottles are thrown away every day.
- Glass can be recycled 100% and reused.
- Glass products which end up in landfills do not decompose at all.
- It has been observed that 24 trees are cut down to make one ton of paper.
- On the contrary, recycled paper is proved to create 70% less pollution compared to normal non-recycled material paper production.
- Plastics, which can often be recycled, take around 500 years to decompose.
- One recycled tin can save enough energy to power a television for 3 hours.
- 70% less energy is utilized to recycle paper compared to making it from raw materials.
- Similarly when you recycle one glass bottle, it can save enough energy to power a personal computer for 25 minutes.
One Man’s Waste Can be Another Man’s Treasure